VOCAL’s V.34 fax/facsimile software implements recommendation ITU-T V.34 which defines the modulation methods and operating sequences for a fax modem used on General Switched Telephone Networks (GSTNs) and on point-to-point 2-wire leased telephone-type circuits.
The V.34 fax modem software uses state-of-the-art line probing analysis to automatically determine maximum channel capacity. It also supports MSE fallback/fallforward threshold control to adjust the tradeoff between higher data channel rates and symbol error rates. V.34 channel separation is accomplished using echo cancellation techniques.
- Fully compliant Group 3 Facsimile Support
- Full and half duplex modes
- Primary data channel supports 14 data rates from 2400 to 33600 bps, in increments of 2400 bps
- Control channel rates are 1200 and 2400 bps
- Multichannel implementation
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- Platform independent code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Facsimile protocol layer (T.30 with ECM/BFT) available
- Facsimile service class 1 command sets (T.31 and EIA-578) available
- Facsimile service class 2 command sets (T.32, EIA-592 and industry standard fax class 2) available.
- Use with VOCAL’s Command Set Controller (CSC) and T.30 library.
- System can be combined with other Group 3 fax modulations (V.17/V.29/V.27ter/V.21 channel 2).
- ANSI C, assembly, and source code available