New Generation IP Management Enterprise Platform: Why should companies outsource?
Seminar audience: IP Engineering managers ,IP sourcing Manager, IP procurement manager, Software License manager
Seminar content: The seminar will be partitioned into 3 sections addressing respectively the innovative IT features underlying such a platform, the description of a comprehensive Third Party IP management platform and last an extension to Software license management
Section 1 : Innovative features of an Enterprise IP Management Platform (15mn)
The IP Management platform described in this seminar relies on a twofold innovation namely
- An IP catalog engine allowing the creation ,evolution ,import/export of configurable multi XML views catalogs extended to XML standardized IP file exchange
- Concurrent configurable dashboards or IP “management panels” reporting on the IP life cycle from files entry and storage to business views (contracting, licensing, financing)
Section 2 : A Third Party IP Management infrastructure (30mn)
External IP management infrastructure serves concurrently 3 actors translated into “roles” in the platform : A central actor entitled IP Sourcing Manager and “on both ends” the IP Engineering Manager and the IP Procurement Manager respectively for IP (files) acceptation and the procurement team for contract clauses (mainly financial) follow up
- The IP Sourcing Manager is responsible of selecting the IP, contracting with vendors, including compliance checking and establishing the licensing, NRE and Royalties “schemes”
- The Engineering Manager is in charge of receiving and qualifying the IP version and making it accessible for the SoC team. He will therefore be responsible of IP Quality and acceptation, the follow up of the successive versions including bug list update etc. .D&R will promote its IP file exchange module as a standard IP file exchange vehicle
- The IP Procurement Manager interprets the contract data and triggers the License fee and NRE calculation over time as well as the payment
It will be shown in details how the configurable IP Management platform (IPMS) of D&R can afford a comprehensive ,coherent and collaborative support of all required functions for the 3 actors through configurable XML panels (contracting, licensing panels)and XML templates (royalties templates)
Section 3: Software License management is not just Monitoring
For large companies it is a headache to manage licenses for dozens of tools ,over a thousand of features and over a hundred of geographical sites The platform provides efficient corporate Ecosystem description primitives for machines (that can be servers, local servers or simple machines) and for geographically distributed sites .
- License panels show the license status covering all types of license for all tool/features, for all machines and all sites with a simple and direct access to measurement tools (license monitor for instance)
- Assistance for License assignment optimization (remix) is supported for all license types such as shared tokens based on several criteria (cost reduction, user satisfaction etc…)
- Automated on line renewal procedures and quote generation per site
- Centralized finance reporting and more ..
Design And Reuse