The Nand Flash Controller (NFC) IP market has been segmented into:
The mainstream segment will benefit from the pervasion of the Solid
State Disk in various industry segments ranging from Networking, PC
Netbooks, followed by Notebooks, to Consumer Electronic with Set Top
Box and DVD player. This will generate a growth in term of license
- The Low End segment, low cost family of IP, made of the various
consumer oriented product like: SD, SDIO, SD Plus, MMC, eMMC, Compact
- The mainstream segment, where the Controller manages Single Level
(SLC) or Multiple Level Cell (MLC) Nand Flash devices. The survey will
focus on this segment, as well as the:
- High End segment, where the IP is a bridge including the NFC and
a controller managing an interconnect protocol, being PCI Express, SATA
But the most important will be the growth in term of license $ value,
with the emergence of more complex controllers to manage MLC, today
Dual levels, in the future Triple and Quad levels, implying the use of
innovative Error Correction Code (ECC). In parallel, the NFC interface
with the external devices should move to a more efficient protocol,
still to be defined. This will as well increase the value of the IP
Finally, because such a Controller being more complex, so more
difficult to design internally, the penetration rate of externally
sourced IP will increase. We have made an evaluation of the NFC IP
market from 2009 to 2014. This niche IP market will exhibit a 26% CAGR
on the period, ending at more than $20M.
What Does This Report Answer?
Who Needs This Report?
- What is the license price evolution for NFC for SLC? For MLC?
- What is the penetration rate evolution for 2010-2014 for NFC?
- Key applications for NFC Bridge to PCI Express, SATA or USB 3.0
- How many ASIC/ASSP world wide designs start, and related IP sales
- Networking, PC and PC peripheral, Set-Top box & DVD, Mobile
Phone and Mobile Internet Devices segments: what is their respective
impact on the NFC IP sales?
- IP vendors who focus on Nand Flash Controller, mainstream and
High End IP.
- IP vendors trying to diversify, who decide to invest on this
promising niche IP market.
- IDM and Fabless who need answer: make or buy? Whom to buy the IP?
Table of Contents (pdf)
Price (Single user):