OmniPhy’s Gigabit Copper Ethernet PHY is a completely integrated triple speed (10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T) Ethernet Physical Layer Transceiver for transmission and reception of data on standard CAT-5 unshielded twisted pair UTP Cable.
- Fully compliant with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T specifications.
- Optimized per port area and power make the IP well suited to integration. The design includes the I/O pads necessary to implement the interface.
- DSP-based adaptive equalizer with baseline wander correction
- Low and deterministic latency
- A fully flexible interface – MII, GMII, RGMII
- WOL, Energy detect mode, Sleep mode, Power back-off modes
- Available in Single-Port and Dual-Port configurations
- Multiple temperature ranges (option)
- EMC/EMI optimized
- Leading-edge jitter tolerance
- Built-in-self-test including pattern generator/checkers and built in error counters
- Forced link-up and fast link-down modes
- Polarity correction (10Base-T mode)
- SMI pre-amble suppression and next page support
- Pin-strapping options for fast configurations
- Options for industrial:
- Extended cable reach (as an option, up to 130m)
- Patent-pending self-monitoring techniques, including signal quality monitoring
- Extended temperature ranges
- IEEE 1588 hardware support
- Hardware-based cable diagnostics
- OmniPhy are the technical leaders in the "Ethernet PHY as IP" trend.
- Our superior implementation skews the integrate vs discrete heavily in favor of low power integrated solutions.
- GDSII - compliant with DFM
- LIBERTY files for timing closure
- extensive documentation
- Laser/Network Printer
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Network Server
- Gigabit LAN on Motherboard (GLOM)
- Gigabit SOHO/SMB Router