Comcores 10M/100M/1G/2.5G TSN MAC provides a complete IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Layer 2 solution with support for key TSN features including 802.1Qbu Preemption, 802.3br Interspersing Express Traffic, 802.1AS Timing and Synchronization and 802.1Qbv Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic.
The TSN MAC enables deterministic low latency and guaranteed bandwidth for time sensitive applications. The TSN MAC allows flexibility in selecting a subset of standards depending on your application from industrial to automotive.
The feature rich MAC-core that is delivered with SW API is a low latency cut-through implementation reaching best in market results while still keeping size at a minimum. The core is fully configurable and includes features like IEEE1588, VLAN and DMA integration. The Ethernet MAC Core, on the Client side, implements two 8-bit asynchronous FIFO interfaces for Express and Preemptable traffic, respectively while having a standard MII/RGMII/GMII interface on the PHY side.
- Delivers Performance
- Designed to IEEE 802.3-2012 specification
- Supports key feaures like 802.1 Qbu, Qbv, AS with extentions available
- Ultra low latency and compact implementation
- Full duplex Ethernet interfaces
- Highly Configurable
- TSN features can be enabled/disabled independently
- Cut-through support
- Configurable Transmit and Receive FIFOs
- Feature Rich
- FCS generation supported
- Comprehensive statistics gathering
- Supports VLAN, jumbo frames and many other options
- Independent TX and RX Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
- Very easy integration with standard AXI4 or APB interface
- Silicon Agnostic
- Designed in VHDL-93 and targeting any RTL implementation such as
- ASICs, ASSPs and FPGAs
Block Diagram of the 10M/100M/1G/2.5G Ethernet TSN MAC