AD16BSAR10M40LP is a 16-bit Successive Approximation Analog-to- Digital Converter (ADC) made in 40nm technology at 3.6V down-to 1.6V analog supply.
The ADC is capable to operate up to 8MS/s achieving full 16bit linearity, with no missing code. An efficient and accurate in-built linearity Calibration Engine present inside the ADC removes mismatch of the DAC capacitors. The linearity calibration allows using smaller capacitor size in the capacitive DAC inside the ADC. This reduces ADC footprint and saves switching power. Access to read and write the Calibration codes allows quick reloading of the calibration codes without need to re-run the calibration again.
The ADC is equipped with Low Power mode for additional power saving.
The ADC is also supports a Low Noise mode with further improved SNR.
The ADC is capable of processing Differential and Single-Ended Inputs.
- 16-bit SAR ADC selectable up to 10- bit.
- Up-to 8MS/s conversion rate Maximum 230MHz Clock
- Wide supply range 3.6V down-to1.6V Analog supply supported
- 1.1V Digital supply
- Linearly-scalable Power with sampling frequency
- Rail-to-rail Inputs supported
- Single-ended/ Differential inputs
- 4:1 Analog Input Multiplexer
- 40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Offset, Gain and Linearity Calibration Engine
- External Reference (internal reference can be supported)
- Single and Continuous conversion modes
- Extended sampling-time option
- Compact die area
- Ultra-low power with lowest power per Msps
- Patented Calibration algorithm
- Industry smallest calibration engine
- Hard Macro (GDSII)
- Characterisation Report (as applicable)
- Abstract View (LEF)
- Integration and Customer Support
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Broadband Wireless communication