Synopsys’ DesignWare® HDCP 2.2 Embedded Security Modules (ESMs) on DisplayPort are autonomous modules that provide designers with a complete and robust transmitter (TX) implementation of the HDCP 2.2 content-protection technology over DisplayPort wired connections. This solution helps designers shorten development cycles and fully meet the stringent compliance and robustness requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority. The ESMs are compact, energy efficient and can be configured to accommodate different high-resolution, uncompressed content streams, such as HD and Ultra HD.
The DesignWare HDCP 2.2 ESMs are designed to protect HD and Ultra HD uncompressed audio-visual content and are fully compliant with the HDCP 2.2 standard for DisplayPort-based systems. The self-contained cores include all the necessary components required to meet the HDCP 2.2 specification such as key-stream generation, content encryption and decryption, authentication and key exchange, and system renewability. It can be instantiated as an intelligent peripheral operating alongside (or within) a DisplayPort controller block. The ESM is designed to work in systems with a host processor, as well as in a headless (non-CPU) system.
- Transmitter (TX) solution
- HDCP 2.2 compliant for premium content protection
- DisplayPort certified
- Proven HDCP 2.x technology
- Complete, self-contained security modules
- Tight security boundary to meet DCP robustness criteria
- Compact and energy efficient
- Flexible architecture for a wide range of environments
- Configurable for ASIC and FPGA
- Limited host interaction: ◦No time-critical code on host; ◦No drivers necessary
- Integrated with Synopsys and other DisplayPort controllers
- Silicon-proven, widely deployed