Synopsys’ DesignWare® Embedded Security Modules (ESMs) for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection 2.2 (HDCP 2.2) on High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) are autonomous modules that provide designers with a complete and robust TX/RX/Rep implementation of the HDCP 2.2 content-protection technology over HDMI wired connections. This solution helps designers shorten development cycles and fully meet the stringent compliance and robustness requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority. The ESMs are compact, energy efficient and can be configured to accommodate different high-resolution, uncompressed content streams, such as HD and Ultra HD.
The DesignWare ESMs for HDCP 2.2 are designed to protect HD and Ultra HD uncompressed audio-visual content and are fully compliant with the HDCP 2.2 standard for HDMI-based systems. The self-contained cores include all the necessary components required to meet the HDCP 2.2 on HDMI specification such as key-stream generation, content encryption and decryption, authentication and key exchange, and system renewability. Either core can be instantiated as an intelligent peripheral operating alongside (or within) an HDMI Controller block. The ESM is designed to work in systems with a host processor, as well as in a headless (non-CPU) system.
- Transmitter (TX), Receiver (RX) and Repeater (Rep) solution
- HDCP 2.2 compliant for premium content protection; HDMI 2.0 certified; Proven HDCP 2.x technology
- Complete, self-contained security modules
- Tight security boundary: Meets DCP robustness criteria
- Compact and energy efficient
- Flexible architecture for a wide range of environments
- Configurable for ASIC and FPGA
- Limited host interaction: No time-critical code on host; No drivers necessary
- Integrated with Synopsys and other HDMI controllers
- Silicon-proven, widely deployed
- Verilog HDL
- Sample synthesis script and constraints
- Sample simulation script