The block is a nonvolatile electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) with volume 704 bits (44x16), which is organized as 11 pages of 4 words by 16 bit with single-bit output data and parallel write data.
Write EEPROM page data comes to input data_in and write by words to latch through the signal sample_data, while the signal write in a state of «1». The address of a word written down in latches is defined by two low bits of the bus word_addr.
Set of flags that define the words that will be erased/written to the page is produced by signals set_flag (3:0). Rst_data signal used to reset to «0» the contents of all latches before recording data, signal rst_flag – to reset to «0» all the flags erase/write before setting the required flags.
Erasing of words from page, that correspond to the flags, performed by setting a signal busy, with the signal erase is at state «1». The address of erased page is defined by four high bits of the bus word_addr. Value of the bus word_addr doesn't change throughout all cycle of deleting (while busy = «1»).
Data writing from latches to the words of page corresponding to flags, is produced by signal setting busy, thus the signal write is in a state «1». The address of writeable page is defined by four high bits of the bus word_addr.
Memory is optimized for usage in the industrial and commercial applications, requiring low power consumption and supply voltage.
The device is implemented on technology SMIC EEPROM CMOS 0.18 um.
- SMIC EEPROM 0.18 um CMOS
- High density of memory cells
- Writing and erasing data by one high-voltage pulse
- Programming and erase time – 2 ms
- Page writes allowed
- Data retention over 10 years (endurance 105 cycles)
- Low power dissipation in standby and active mode
- Internally organized 44x16 bit
- Supported foundries: TSMC, UMC, Global Foundries, SMIC, iHP, AMS, Vanguard, SilTerra
- VHDL behavioral descripton
- Access control systems
- Radio-frequency identification systems, smart cards
- Electronic devices with battery power
- Electronic tags UHF band