The DesignWare® EV61, EV62, and EV64 embedded vision processors are fully programmable and combine the flexibility of software solutions with the high performance and low power consumption of dedicated hardware. The EV6x family integrates a high-performance 32-bit scalar core with a 512-bit vector DSP, and an optimized convolution neural network (CNN) engine for fast and accurate object detection, classification, and scene segmentation. The processors are highly scalable and configurable enabling users to tailor them to their specific application requirements to maximize performance while minimizing power and area. The optional CNN engine is a programmable object detection engine that implements a convolutional neural network (CNN) enabling fast and accurate detection of a wide range of objects such as faces, pedestrians, and hand gestures. The EV61 features a single vision CPU (32-bit ARC® HS scalar CPU with a 512-bit wide SIMD vision digital signal processor), the EV62 features a dual-core vision CPU and the EV64 has a quad-core vision CPU. All three products can be configured with the optional CNN engine, which can be scaled from 880 to 1,760 or to 3,520 MACs.
- Optimized for high frame-rate and video resolution embedded vision applications
- Integrates 32-bit scalar core, 512-bit vector DSP, and optional CNN engine
- 12 configurations available, with 1, 2 or 4 vision CPUs and CNN performance options
- CNN engine delivers up to 4.5 TeraMACs/ sec and offers power efficiency of up to 2,000 GMACs/sec/W
- CNN engine supports both coefficient and feature map compression/decompression
- Works with all host processors for vision offload
- High productivity MetaWare EV Development Toolkit supports OpenCV, OpenVX and OpenCL C
- The DesignWare EV61, EV62, and EV64 Processors and optional CNN engine are delivered as Verilog HDL in the ARChitect IP Library. The HDL is configured and output from the ARChitect IP Configurator tool.
- To test that the product performs as expected, a basic testbench of Customer Confidence Tests (CCT) is included.