The BA417 Chacha20-Poly1305 IP core is a RFC7539 compliant crypto engine to provide Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) using the Chacha20 stream cipher combined with the Poly1305 message-authentication code. The ChaCha20-Poly1305 IP core is available for ASIC and FPGA devices (Altera, Xilinx, Microsemi). It has simple interfaces and is easy to integrate.
The unique architecture enables a high level of flexibility. The throughput and features required by a specific application can be taken into account in order to select the most optimal configuration for any FPGA or ASIC technology. The IP Core can be combined with scatter/gather DMA and AMBA interfaces (AHB/AXI) enabling multi-Gbps throughput in SoC solutions.
This IP Core is also available in the BA470 eSecure security module IP Core.
- Fully compliant with RFC7539
- Supports encryption/decryption only (Chacha20)
- Supports authentication only (Poly1305)
- Supports authentication and encryption mode (AEAD)
- Default AXI4 stream interface
- AMBA AHB/AXI bridges with optional scatter/gather DMA
- FPGA (Altera, Xilinx, Microsemi) and ASIC (TSMC, UMC, GF…) technologies
- Low power features
- Key generation for Poly1305
- Full synchronous design
Block Diagram of the Chacha20-Poly1305 IP Core