The DVB C Demodulator is a complete QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) demodulation and FEC (forward error correction) solution that performs IF to transport stream block processing of QAM signals. It is intended for the digital transmission of compressed television, sound, and data services over cable. It is fully compliant with ITU-T J.83 Annexes A/B/C or DVB-C specification bitstreams (ETS 300 429, “Digital broadcasting systems for television, sound and data services – Framing structure, channel coding and modulation - Cable Systems”).
The IP integrates a Zero-IF interface to be compliant as well with direct IF tuners as with zero IF (I/Q) tuners.
- QAM and FEC solution
- ITU-T J.83 Annexes A/B/C, DVB-C specification (ETSI 300 429)
- Nordig Unified v2.4 and SARFT compliant
- Up to 7.2 Ms/s symbol rate
- Square (16,64,256-QAM) and non square (32,128-QAM) constellations
- Zero-IF or IF interface, compatible with zero-IF (I/Q) or Direct IF tuners, upto 57 MHz IF
- AGC control
- Outstanding BER results, dynamic performance close to theoretical limits
Block Diagram of the DVB C Demodulator IP IP Core