The Enhanced Security Package option available for DesignWare® ARC® EM Processors enables designers to create a secure environment that protects their systems and software from evolving security threats such as IP theft and intentional remote attacks. The package includes SecureShield technology to enable development of a trusted execution environment that isolates multiple execution contexts on a single ultra-low power processor, reducing the area and power that an additional security core and associated memories would require. SecureShield technology protects critical processor registers like stack and instruction pointer registers as well as secure bus accesses, and includes a secure memory protection unit (MPU) to protect traditional instruction and data memory. The secure MPU has up to 16 configurable memory regions with the option for per region scrambling and encryption. Designers can also add user-defined instructions and co-processors through the ARC Processor EXtension (APEX) technology and restrict their operations to a secure mode, enabling IP protection throughout the value chain. These features address the security requirements in IoT and mobile applications including wearables and smart home devices.
- Includes SecureShield technology to enable a trusted execution environment
- Secure MPU with up to 16 configurable regions and per region scrambling/encryption capability
- In-line instruction and data encryption and address scrambling to protect algorithms from reverse engineering or IP theft
- Data and instruction path integrity checking to prevent fault injection attacks
- Integrated watchdog timer detects system failures that can result from tampering and enables counter measures
- Ability to add secure custom instructions or co-processors in a trusted mode boosts performance and reduces power