Northwest Logic's Expresso Testbench emulates a Root Com¬plex device enabling simulation of a PCI Express design.
This includes the follow features:
• Root Complex master requests are generated using simple test control scripts. A basic set of test cases is included with the suite to generate standard PCI Express transac¬tions including configuration, data transfers, DMA and in¬terrupts.
• Automatic response to DUT master requests including pro¬viding completion responses.
• Modeling of Root Complex memory regions. These mem-ory regions are used store data being send to and received from the DUT. The data in these memory regions can be automatically checked to insure proper operation.
• Performs Root Complex physical and data-link layer func-tions including error detection and correction
• Logging and display of transaction layer traffic on the PCI Express bus in a user-friendly format.
The fast setup and operation of the Expresso Testbench makes it easy for users to quickly and comprehensively perform simu¬lations of designs which include the Northwest Logic PCI Ex¬press cores..
The Expresso Testbench is not a PCI Express full compliance suite. Northwest Logic recommends the use of the Avery Logic PCI-Xactor PCI Express Compliance Suite for ASIC validation.
The Testbench is compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.0/2.0/ 1.1
- Emulates a Root Complex device enabling simulation of a PCI Ex-press design
- Test scripts are used to generate Root Complex master requests
- Automatically responds to DUT master requests
- Performs automatic data logging and checking
- Provided with a basic set of test cases
- Specifically designed for quick out -of-the-box setup and use
- Fast simulation speed
- PCI Express im Base Specification Revision 3.0/2.0/1.1 compliant
- Provided in source code form