From the market leader in public key cryptography cores comes the 6400 series, the next generation of Athena's sophisticated public key cryptography microprocessor family, leveraging Athena’s proprietary arithmetic technology and a 64-bit architecture to achieve unprecedented performance for large key operations. Capable of over 12,000 RSA-1024 and over 5,000 RSA-2048 operations per second (at >566 MHz), the 6400 series is as much as an order of magnitude faster than other technologies. The T6400 processor delivers performance and flexibility to perform any public key operation, while the E6400 adds performance enhancement for NIST P-Curve elliptic curve operations.
The 6400 series delivers over five times faster processing of RSA-2048 operations than the 5200 series architecture, while maintaining 100% code compatibility and 100% functional compatibility across the entire TeraFire cryptography microprocessor family. Like the 5200 series, the 6400 series can perform virtually any public key operation and easily accommodates new standards with on-the-fly programmability.
- Over 12,000 RSA-1024 operations per second
- Over 5,000 RSA-2048 operations per second
- Supports up to 16K-bit public key operations
- Enhanced performance for elliptic curve operations
- Implements Athena's powerful X5200 instruction set architecture
- 100% code compatibility with 5200 series
- Suitable for virtually any implementation technology
- AMBA™ AHB and AXI bus interfaces available
- Simple/differential power analysis (SPA/DPA) resistance available
- Programmability enables adaptability to future standards
- Autonomous operation minimizes load on host processor
- Simulation model