Complete solution for WiGig silicon IP with firmware and optimized driver software for for mmWave wireless infrastructure applications.
Advanced MAC design provides optimized Quality of Service and scheduling algorithms.
Advanced PHY design based on Blu Wireless’s multi gigabit wireless HYDRA provides a platform for programmable DSP algorithms for specific application needs.
Flexible Digital Front End (DFE) designed to support wide range of mmWave radios - including phased array radios with active beam forming.
- IEEE 802.11ad compliant
- TDD and FDD mode support (MAC interconnect)
- Programmable data plane & real-time Scheduler
- Back haul optimized channel access
- Adaptive beam forming management
- Protocol superset of IEEE 802.11ad TDD air interface
- Software defined support of SC PHY with FDE
- Optimized PHY for extended range beam forming
- IQ offset, CFO, SFO and phase noise compensation functions
- Generic front end to support wide range of mmWave radios - including phased array radios with active beam forming
- 64QAM: Yes
- Packet Rate (Pkt/s): 1M
- Bit Rate (Gb/s): 4.6
- MAC: Software Programmable
- PHY: PHY level programmability
- Application: FWA, Networking, Industrial, Specialist
- Networking optimized with features: high packet rate
- WiGig compliant
- Programmable features include channelization, adaptive modulation, equalization, adaptive beam forming management and SON support
- Dynamic MAC QoS and Queue management algorithm support
- Integrated connectivity options to enable systems vendors to build optimized back haul or multi-gigabit fixed wireless access solutions over extended range
- Hardware: RTL; test benches
- Software: Driver; firmware
- Fixed Wireless Access
- Small cell backhaul
- Residential broadband backhaul
- Mesh networking
Block Diagram of the IEEE 802.11ad IP (WiGig) Baseband modem and Software for industrial applications