The S3RFMXLBT18 has been designed for use as a direct upconversion mixer for high performance wireless communications systems requiring a combination of low noise performance and high linearity.
The Mixer utilizes an active Gilbert Cell architecture to allow gain to be attained.
Any offset present at the TX mixer outputs translates directly into a component in the TX output spectrum at the LO frequency (TX LO breakthrough). As this is a critical specification, the TX mixer includes circuitry to allow measurement of this offset by an auxiliary ADC. The measured offset can then be corrected by applying the appropriate codes to current-steering trim DACs in the TX mixer.
In addition, gain DACs to implement IQ gain calibration are implemented, which compose part of the TX IQ gain and phase calibration for improved EVM.
This IP and its component sub-blocks, may be tailored for specific system implementation requirements as part of a design services engagement with S3 Group and/or may be optimally integrated with S3 Group’s broad portfolio of RF Building Block IP
The Mixer can be cost-effectively ported across foundries and process nodes upon request.
- TSMC 0.18um RF CMOS Process
- 3V Power Supply
- Fully Differential Architecture for High IP2 and Noise Immunity
- Low Noise Density
- Gain Through Active Gilbert Cell Architecture
- L Band Operation
- Power-Down and Reset Modes
- Low Power Dissipation
- Compact Die Area
- DC Offset Calibration DACs and Measurement Auxiliary ADC Available
- IQ Mismatch Calibration Phase and Gain DACs Available
- Integrated Bias Circuitry
- Integrated LDO Regulator Available
- Built-in Bandgap and Biasing Block Available
- This Block can be Re-tuned to Different Operating Frequencies Through Modification to its Tuned LC Tank Load.
- Satellite Communications
- Multi-Mode and Multi-Band Wireless Systems
- Customizable for Various Wireless Applications