Lossless data compression is a class of data compression algorithms that allows the exact original data to be reconstructed from the compressed data.
The lossless compression /decompression algorithm. Typical applications include enterprise data
The design is fully synchronous and available in multiple configurations varying in bus widths and throughput.
- Compression scheme is applied to the video frame buffer (DPB)
- Absolutely lossless
- Bit exactness between original frame and compressed/decompressed frame
- Block based compression scheme
- Significant memory bandwidth reduction
- 2.5x – 7x depending on content
- Used within the decoder loop and between decoder and any video processing sink (Display, etc…)
- Any lossy algorithm (even « visually lossless ») can’t be added in the decoder loop without creating artifacts.
- Can be coupled with a cache mechanism associated to the decoder motion compensation logic
- Source Code Delivery including: Unlimited Usage, Rights to Modify
- Fully Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code
- Firmware source code
- ASIC / FPGA Synthesis constraints and scripts files
- FPGA Development platform kit
- User Manual, Programming guide
- Verification documents
- Enterprise Storage
Block Diagram of the Lossless Compression-Video Frame Buffer IP Core