The R+ LPDDR3 DRAM brings next-generation, low-power DRAM performance to the market today. The Rambus enhanced R+ LPDDR3 DRAM is a natural extension to the low power family of DRAM. The R+™ LPDDR3 DRAM is optimized for mobile applications and is fully-compliant with industry LPDDR3e/ LPDDR3 specifications. When paired with an R+ LPDDR3 PHY, the DRAM supports data rates of up to 2400 Mbps, while providing an active power reduction of up to 30% when compared to a standards-only LPDDR3 device at equivalent speed.
The improvement in power consumption is due in part to the use of Low Voltage Swing Terminated Logic (LVSTL) signaling technology which features a significantly reduced signal swing versus the 1.2 volt HSUL (High Speed Unterminated Logic) signal swing of LPDDR3. By supporting both signaling types, the R+ LPDDR3 DRAM offers an enhanced performance, lowpower mode while maintaining compliance with LPDDR3e and LPDDR3 standards and specifications.
- Fully-compliant with industry standard LPDDR3e and LPDDR3
- Compatible with standard LPDDR3 PHYs. No memory controller changes required.
- Scalable architecture supports data rates up to 2400 Mbps and 9.4 GB/sec bandwidth per device
- Flexible packaging options (POP, MCP, FBGA)
- Full compatibility to LPDDR3e/LPDDR3 low-power states
- Support data path widths of 16 and 32 bits
- DRAM densities from 4Gb to 32Gb
- Dual rank support
- LVSTL1 enhanced signaling mode available to enable data rates of 2400 Mbps and beyond. No system hardware changes needed to support LVSTL.
- Up to 30% lower DRAM active power
- Up to 25% lower active memory system power
- Deep Power-down support
- Refresh, self-refresh, and partial array self refresh support
- On-die programmable VrefDQ generation
- Programmable output impedance, on-die termination, and periodic ZQ calibration
- CA eye training, DQS write leveling and DQ read calibration support
- On-Die-Termination support
- Fully-compliant with industrystandard LPDDR3 and LPDDR3e
- R+™ enhanced mode maintains compatibility with existing infrastructure while improving data rate or power consumption
- Up to 30% lower DRAM active power (IDD4R) versus standard LPDDR3
- Supports data rates up to 2400 Mbps and 9.4 GB/sec bandwidth per device
- Compatible with standard LPDDR3 PHYs
- Complete specification and implementation package
- Reference design database including schematics and matching layout
- Integration guidelines
- Package and PCB design guidelines
- Logic and power simulations
- Timing verification environment
- Device characterization and test environment
- Optional design integration and bring-up support services
Block Diagram of the LPDDR3, LPDDR3e, R+ Enhanced mode DRAM