DesignWare® LPDDR5/4/4X Controller is a next generation controller optimized for power, latency, bandwidth, and area, supporting JEDEC standard LPDDR5, LPDDR4, and LPDDR4X SDRAMs. The controller connects to the DesignWare LPDDR5/4/4X PHY or other LPDDR5/4/4X PHY via the DFI 5.0 interface to create a complete memory interface solution. The DesignWare LPDDR5/4/4X Controller includes software configuration registers, which are accessed through an AMBA 3.0 APB interface.
The LPDDR controller block includes the advanced command scheduler, memory protocol handler, optional inline ECC (Error-correcting code), and dual-channel support, as well as the DFI interface to the PHY.
- Supports JEDEC standard LPDDR5, LPDDR4, and LPDDR4X SDRAMs
- Multiport Arm® AMBA® interface (4 AXI™/3 AXI™) with managed QoS or single-port host interface to the DDR controller
- DFI 5.0 compliant interface to DesignWare LPDDR5/4/4X PHY and other LPDDR5/4/4X PHYs
- Best in class performance with unique features such as QoS based scheduling, inline ECC, and dual-channel support
- High-bandwidth design with up to 64 CAM entries for reads and 64 CAM entries for writes; latency as low as 8 clock cycles
- UVM testbench with embedded assertions and options to incorporate a LPDDR5/4/4X PHY into a verification environment
- Executable.run installation file which includes:
- – Custom-configured RTL source code (using Synopsys’ coreConsultant or coreAssembler tool)
- – Synthesis, design-for-test, and power reduction scripts
- – SystemVerilog verification environment containing sample integrations of the LPDDR5/4/4X Controller with the DesignWare
- LPDDR5/4/4X PHY and sample test cases
- – Performance evaluation test case to enable the user to evaluate performance using their own traffic patterns
- Databook (PDF)
- Release notes (PDF)
- coreConsultant/coreAssembler tools to generate RTL
- Optional Functional Safety Package including DFMEA analysis.
- Optional add-on Synopsys Platform Architect
- Mobile multimedia
- Embedded applications
- Automotive systems
- Ultraportable laptops
- Embedded mobile computing