The DesignWare® ARC® MetaWare Development Toolkit builds upon a 25-year legacy of industry-leading compiler and debugger products. It is a complete solution that contains all the components needed to support the development, debugging and tuning of embedded applications for the DesignWare ARC processors. The tool chain supports the complete family of ARC Processors, from the high-speed ARC HS Family and the deeply embedded ARC EM Family to the general-purpose ARC 600 Family and the ARC 700 Family for high-performance applications, as well as the ARC AS200 Audio Processors.
The DesignWare ARC MetaWare C Compiler is ANSI-C compliant, and supports the relevant subset of the ISO extensions for embedded applications. The C++ compiler supports advanced language features like partial specialization of class templates, and comes with a Standard Template Library next to the standard C++ library. For embedded developers targeting their applications to the DesignWare ARC processor architecture, the compilers deliver industry-leading code density while maximizing performance. Synopsys maintains and runs an extensive suite of internal compiler verification and validation tests, and runs C and C++ validation suites from Plum Hall, Inc. and Perennial, Inc. prior to every product release.
The DesignWare ARC MetaWare C/C++ Debugger fully supports the rich set of ARC configuration options and extensions. It comes with a graphical user interface, as well as a command-line interface, to which you can add your own plug-ins to implement new functionality. In its semantic inspection interface you can display your application data in a format most useful and meaningful to you, and its peripheral display interface can decode bits in memory mapped registers for custom displays. The debugger also offers extensive profiling capabilities to tune your application to the selected ARC configuration, or to experiment with multiple ARC configurations to reach the optimal result. Additionally, it comes with an Instruction-Accurate Instruction Set Simulator that supports the complete range of ARC processors.
- Industry-leading code density, without compromising on performance, through its mixed 16/32-bit instruction set and an extensive suite of compiler optimizations
- Automatic Overlay Manager with transparent loading and removing of overlays for saving on memory costs
- OS Aware Debugger for the MQX RTOS for ARC
- Multicore debugging support
- Includes Instruction Set Simulator, with OSCI TLM2 SC support and integration Layer for the Synopsys Virtualizer Virtual Prototyping solution
- Eclipse-based IDE
- Single tool chain supporting all ARC processor families: ARC 600, ARC 700 and ARC EM
- Full support for ARC configuration options and extensions
- Full support for customer-defined market-specific instructions that can be added through the ARC extendible ISA
- Advanced C++ language support, including STLport Standard Template Library for ARC
- The DesignWare ARC MetaWare Development Toolkit is delivered as a Windows or Linux installer that installs all tools, libraries and Eclipse CDT plugins,
- and comes with an extensive set of examples and demos