Integrating advanced peripherals such as multi-megapixel cameras and higher resolution screens into next generation mobile, IoT and automotive devices brings new challenges to the industry in terms of power, time-to-market and overall system costs. To address these challenges, the MIPI® Alliance defines and promotes system-on-chip (SoC) and peripheral device interface specifications, such as the Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2).
The DesignWare® MIPI CSI-2 Device Controller IP is a fully verified and configurable controller IP that implements all protocol functions defined in the MIPI CSI-2 specification. The IP provides a high-speed serial interface between an application or image processor and image sensors.
Synopsys’ DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Device Controller IP along with DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Host Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP and DesignWare MIPI I3C Controller IP provide a complete camera interface IP solution that enables designers to lower their risk and cost of integrating the MIPI CSI-2 interface into image sensors, application processors, bridge integrated circuits (ICs) and multimedia coprocessors, while improving time-to-market.
- Compliant with the MIPI CSI-2 specification, v1.2
- PPI interface to D-PHY as recommended in the MIPI D-PHY specification v1.2
- Support for all primary and secondary CSI-2 data formats
- Short and long packet formats
- Automatic generation of Error Correction Code for the Packet Header, and Checksum for the Packet Data
- Built-in test and debug capabilities
- AMBA®-APB™ control and configuration
- Packaged with Synopsys coreConsultant tool
- Configurable Verilog RTL
- Verification Environment