UFS is a simple, high performance, serial interface used in mobile systems as a mechanism to communicate between host processor and mass storage devices like Flash and other non-volatile memories. This communication is achieved using a UFS Host and UFS Device, using MIPI UniPro and MPHY as Link and PHY layers respectively. UFS Device UTP Layer does the function of encoding and decoding UPIUs and forwarding of SCSI commands to the SCSI command decoder.
GDA UFS Host & Device works perfectly with GDA MIPI UniPro and GDA Partner’s MPHY. With this, GDA provides the complete solution including software.
- Compliant with UFS Spec v2.0
- AXI3 and AHB Support
- All UPIU Processing
- Datain, Dataout, Command, Response, RTT & Query
- Complete control of UIC Layer by UFS Host
- Error Reporting and Handling Supported
- Priority arbitration between command, query and task management UPIUs and Indexed based processing within Command and Query UPIUs.
- Supports 32 UTP Transfer request descriptors and 8 UTP Task Management Descriptors for UFS host
- 2 C-ports
- Up to 8 LUNs configurable
- RTL code
- Detailed design document
- Verification environment
- Test cases
- Synthesis environment/scripts
- Design Guide
- Synthesis guide
Block Diagram of the MIPI UFS 2.0/2.1 Device IP Core