The SWM17B1021 is a highly integrated multifunction HF-RFID (PICC) for contactless communication at 13.56MHz, designed with focus on lowest power consumption and smallest form factor.
SWM17B1021 is prepared for integration with SWM17B2001, which is Polaric Mifare s50/s70 crypto-1 compatible Encryption Block, and is targeted towards contactless payments and ticketing.
SWM17B1021 complies with the mainstream ISO14443 Type A (NFC A) readers supporting data rates at 106kbit/s, 212kbit/s, 484kbit/s, 848kbit/s.
When SWM17B1021 is in proximity to an HF-RFID reader the power supply is harvested from the reader transmitted field. The system has auto card-mode switch that enables the device to automatically detect the incoming request and then switch to the correct standard.
To secure safe operation the device includes carrier recovery to stabilize the system clock and power supply monitor to safely power the system down when the field is removed. This function controls same power up and down of the system.
- Operating Frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Power by the Field (RFID)
- Compliant with ISO14443A (NFC-A)
- Compatible with Mifare s50/s70 crypto-1 (refer to SWM17B2001)
- Charge Rectifier for RF Power Harvesting
- Field Carrier Recovery (Guarantees stable clock)
- Dual Power Management Unit
- -Power low/high detection
- -Power fallout clock categories
- Die size <0.3mm2
- External Components:
- -Antenna coil
- Supply range: 1.8-5.0V, IO: 1.8-5.0V
- Operation current: 1000 μA (Continuous mode load current 10mA)
- Operating Conditions: -40C..85C
- Area 0.3mm2
- Power by the field
- Can drive 2mA-10mA
- Can be integrated together with Polaric encryption block, which is compatible with Mifare s50/s70 crypto-1
- ◾GDS2 (analog only or analog/digital)
- ◾Evaluation kit based on packaged IC
- ◾Integration Support