The Expresso 5.0 Core is part of Northwest Logic’s PCI Express
Solution. This solution is designed to achieve maximum PCI
Express throughput while being easy to use.
The Expresso 5.0 Core separately, or in combination with
Northwest Logic family of DMA Cores and DMA Drivers, provide
the maximum system throughput on a PCI Express link.
The core is specifically designed for ease of use including full
receive packet decoding, complete error handling, automatic
handling of PCI Express message packets and comprehensive
system-debug and link monitoring support.
The core is delivered integrated and verified with the user’s
Target PHY. Contact Northwest Logic for a complete list of
supported PHYs. To accelerate simulations, the core is also
delivered integrated with a fast-simulating behavioral PHY.
The core is provided with the Expresso Testbench which provides a PCI Express Bus Functional Model.
The core is compliant with the current version of the PCI Ex- press Base Specification 5.0.
The core has been extensively validated with the Avery Design Systems PCI-Xactor PCI Express Compliance Suite and Northwest Logic Expresso Testbench.
Northwest Logic also provides IP Core customization services. Contact Northwest Logic for a quote.
- High-performance, easy-to-use core
- PCI Express™ 5.0 specification compliant - backward compatible with PCIe 4.0/3.0/2.1/1.1
- x16, x8, x4, x2, x1 lane support
- 32, 16, 8, 5 & 2.5 Gbit/s SERDES support
- 1-8 Physical Function support
- SR-IOV support with up to 255 Virtual Functions
- Endpoint, Root Port, Upstream Switch, Port, Downstream Switch Port, Bifurcation support
- 32, 64, 128, 256, and 512 bit Core width support
- Full Transaction Layer(TL), Partial TL and TL Bypass interface options available
- Flexible equalization algorithms
- Comprehensive diagnostics and debug status
- AER, ECRC, MSI-X, MSI, Lane Reversal sup- port , L1 PM substates, SRIS, ECC/Parity Protection
- Delivered integrated and verified with target PCIe PHY
- Fully validated
- Source code available
- Customization and Integration services available
- Core (Netlist or Source Code)
- Testbench (Source Code)
- Complete Documentation
- Expert Technical Support & Maintenance Updates