The 802.11ac IP solution is ideal for power sensitive applications such as smart phones, tablets, portable game console or digital cameras, but also digital TV, Set Top Box or Over The Top.
The licensable and silicon independent 802.11ac MAC and Modem core includes the lower MAC protocol software compliant with linux mac80211/cfg80211 UMAC. Combined with a 802.11ac radio IP, it allows customers to quickly develop high performance and cost effective 802.11ac solutions.
- 802.11ac MAC:
- The RW-AC MAC core implements the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards with data rates of up to 1.7Gbps for 4x4 with 4 spatial streams configuration. It also supports the 802.11e standard (QoS) and the 802.11i standard (Security) extensions.
- RivieraWaves' profound expertise in wireless communications resulted in the highly optimized MAC core with special focus on low memory and MIPS requirements while maintaining a small gate count. The MAC core interfaces to the ARM standard AMBA bus.
- 802.11ac Modem:
- The RW-AC 802.11ac 4x4 software defined modem is optimized for use with the RW-AC MAC IP to form a high performance and cost effective 802.11ac solution. The turnkey architecture is based on a CEVA-XC powerfull DSP, complemented by minimum hardware accelerators and driven by an optimized firmware to fulfill the PHY functions. The supported features are:
- Modulation Coding Schemes (MCS) from 0 to 9
- 20MHz, 40MHz and 80MHz bandwidths
- Support all antenna configurations from 2x2 to 4x4
- Full implementation of OFDM processing up to the radio interface:
- FEC coding, Viterbi encoding/decoding
- Timing, phase and frequency synchronization
- Channel estimation & compensation
- Reference digital front end with filtering, radio controller and software defined AGC/CCA state machine for highest flexibility
- low MIPS requirement
- high performance
- hardware: verilog RTL, testbench, compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- software: C
- test tool running on Windows
- Home gateway, hotspot, digital TV, Set Top Box, Over The Top, small cells
Block Diagram of the RivieraWaves Wi-Fi 802.11ac 4x4 IP Core