The RivieraWaves Wi-Fi IP family offers a comprehensive suite of IPs and platforms for embedding Wi-Fi connectivity into SoCs/ASSPs addressing a broad range of applications.
The RW-AX IPs are part of the RivieraWaves Wi-Fi High Performance category, aimed at the vast array of media-sharing consumer devices including smartphones, tablets, cameras and smart home products. These are the industry’s smallest footprint and lowest power but high performance Wi-Fi IPs compliant with 802.11ax 1x1 & 2x2.
The CEVA RW-AX IPs consist of 802.11ax MAC and modem, available in both 1x1 SISO and 2x2 MIMO configurations. They are provided with LMAC (aka thinMAC) for use with linux/Android mac80211 UMAC, and LMAC+UMAC (aka FullMAC) software protocol stacks. They are provided with an integration-ready processor and operating-system- agnostic platform, simplifying deployment in SoC/ASSP designs. The Wi-Fi software protocol stacks can be executed on any processor such as ARM, ARC, Andes, Cortus, RISC-V and others.
The RW-AX platforms can be used in a standalone single chip or integrated into a bigger System on Chip (SoC) such as application processor, baseband processor, or multistandard wireless combos.
For more comprehensive solution, the RW-AX IPs are well complemented with CEVA-DSP such as the CEVA TeakLite 4 or CEVA-X2, to execute audio processing or other always on sensor hub.
Silicon independent, the RW-AX IPs support several radio IPs from various partners such as Catena. Other RF can be easily supported on customer demand.
- 802.11ax MAC:
- The RW-AX MAC core implements the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax standards with data rates of up to 480Mbit/s for 1x1, and 960Mbit/s for MIMO 2x2 with 2 spatial streams. It also supports the 802.11e standard (QoS) and the 802.11i standard (Security) extensions.
- RivieraWaves' profound expertise in wireless communications resulted in the highly optimized MAC core with special focus on low memory and MIPS requirements while maintaining a small gate count. The MAC core interfaces to the ARM standard AMBA bus.
- 802.11ax Modem:
- The RW-AX hardwired modem cores, available in both 1x1 SISO and 2x2 MIMO configurations are optimized for use with the RW-AX MAC IP to form high performance and cost effective 802.11ax solutions. The supported features are:
- Modulation Coding Schemes (MCS) from 0 to 11
- 20MHz, 40MHz and 80MHz bandwidths
- 1x1 (SISO) and 2x2 (MIMO) antenna configurations
- 2x2 (MIMO) with 1 or 2 spatial streams
- Full implementation of OFDM & OFDMA processing up to the radio interface:
- FEC coding, Viterbi & LDPC encoding/decoding
- Timing, phase and frequency synchronization
- Channel estimation & compensation
- Reference digital front end with filtering, radio controller and software defined AGC/CCA state machine for highest flexibility
- low MIPS requirement
- high performance
- hardware: verilog RTL, testbench, compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- software: C
- test tool running on Windows
- Smart phone, tablet, laptop, portable game console, digital camera, digital TV, Set Top Box, Over The Top, mobile access point