The IntelliProp SATA Raid Intellectual Property Core (IPC-BL109A-RD) is a hardware design block written in HDL that performs RAID 0 operations to provide higher performance access to disks. RAID 0 will divide data among multiple hard disks providing higher system storage performance.
• Striping (RAID 0) splits the data across multiple disks for greater performance
• Capacity (RAID 0) combines the capacity of all the drives using concatenated mode or RAID0 mode.
The IntelliProp RAID IP Core introduces very little latency to issue commands and to transfer data between the SATA storage devices and the back-end data interface. The IPC-BL109A-RD SATA RAID IP Core is designed to exist within a customer’s larger design to provide RAID performance availability and reliability advantages.
- Hardware-only RAID; Firmware is not needed
- Can work for 2n number of drives
- Supports RAID Levels 0
- Supports 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 GHz speed
- Achieves up to 2x performance with minimum 2 drives
- Low gate count
- Supports concatenation mode
- Controllable stripe sizes from 512Bytes to 8kB
- Fully compliant with SATA GEN 1, 2 and 3 industry specification
- Automatic speed negotiation supporting GEN 1, GEN 2, GEN 3 SATA speeds
- SATA Host interfaces of the RAID controller utilize IntelliProp’s proven SATA Logic Cores