The Safety Enhancement Package Option for DesignWare® ARC® EM cores is designed for use in ISO 26262 safety-compliant automotive applications. The ARC EM processors include key hardware features necessary for safety-critical applications such as parity support, ECC support, integrated watchdog timer and an optional Memory Protection Unit (MPU). The Safety Enhancement Package (SEP) includes hardware to support creation of a lockstep configuration and detailed ISO 26262 safety documentation.
- Extensive safety documentation eases certification process
- Available as an option for ARC EM4, EM5D, EM6, and EM7D
- Supports ISO 26262 automotive safety and IEC 61508 safety standards. Integrated Automotive Safety Integrity Level D (ASIL-D) hardware to support lockstep configuration
- Builds upon key ARC EM family safety features — ECC, parity support, integrated user-programmable watchdog timer
- MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL-D ready certified compiler