SonicsGN® (SGN) is Sonics’ 4th generation, configurable, on-chip network enabling the design of advanced System-on-Chip (SoC) devices using a high-speed scalable fabric topology structure. SGN’s configurable IP, intuitive user interface, and robust verification environment provide all the tools necessary to create speedy, robust, gate-efficient on-chip communication networks for advanced SoC designs. Target applications include: networking, smart mobile devices, IoT wearables, and home consumer electronics.
SGN provides a high-performance fabric that transports packetized transactions, utilizing routers as the fundamental switching elements. Routers allow for pipelining and buffering, enabling designers to tailor these elements to their exact requirements for area and frequency. Like all of Sonics’ networks, SGN’s fabric is surrounded by intelligent agents that adapt to the interface protocols of the attached IP cores and can easily be combined with other Sonics connectivity components, allowing the SoC designer unlimited flexibility when designing complex connectivity solutions for advanced SoC devices. This flexibility ensures the lowest area, improves wiring efficiency, and provides the highest frequency and throughput networks.
In addition, SGN offers designers a variety of rich features which enable the customization and streamlining of advanced fabric generation, including: rich power/clock domain partitioning, ACE-Lite, AXI and OCP native protocol support, advanced concurrency mapping including Virtual Channels, robust Quality of Service (QoS), advanced address mapping, and power and error management capabilities. These are just some of the features that make SGN the clear choice for advanced on-chip network design.
- Supports GHz Frequencies for Advanced SoC Designs
- GHz product frequencies support the demanding needs of high performance multi-core processors, DDR3/4, and LPDDR4 memory subsystems
- Advanced Concurrency
- Virtual channels allow optimal data flow through the network, efficiently utilizing logic, and wiring resources without head of line blocking
- Flexible mapping between source and destination concurrency IDs
- Patented Quality of Service approaches
- Eases System Partitioning for SoCs with Multiple Domains
- Integrated logic for managing multiple complex power, voltage, and clocking domains globally and within local subsystems
- Easy design flow and timing closure
- Reduces Wiring Congestion
- Serialized, packetized fabric with virtual channels reduces total wire length
- Native AMBA and OCP Interfaces
- Socket support for AXI3/AXI4/ACE-Lite and OCP 2/3
- Efficient and flexible interfaces to popular IP cores supports full performance at optimized area
- Flexible Topologies for Best Results
- Seamless subsystem integration
- Match topology to design requirements
- Easy refinement to match floorplan
Block Diagram of the SonicsGN - The Industry’s First GHz Network-on-Chip