The Synopsys DesignWare® USB 3.0 femtoPHY provides designers with a complete physical (PHY) layer IP solution for low-power mobile and consumer applications such as digital cameras, networking and storage as well as next?generation feature-rich smartphones, tablets, digital TVs and media players requiring high throughput USB capability. Offering reduced silicon cost and longer battery life, the DesignWare USB 3.0 femtoPHY IP delivers 50% smaller die area and minimizes active and suspend power consumption.
The DesignWare USB 3.0 femtoPHY implements the latest USB Battery Charging and USB On-The-Go (OTG) specifications from the USB Implementer?s Forum (USB-IF).
Architected for the industry?s most advanced 1.8V process technologies, the USB 3.0 femtoPHY is designed with features created to minimize effects due to variations in foundry process, device models, packages, and board parasitics.
The DesignWare USB 3.0 femtoPHY builds on years of customer success with Synopsys? silicon-proven USB PHY IP product line, which has been ported to over 100 process nodes and configuration combinations ranging from 180-nm to 14/16-nm FinFET. When combined with the DesignWare digital controllers and verification IP, the DesignWare USB 3.0 femtoPHY delivers a complete low power and small die area solution for advanced system-on-chip (SoC) designs.
- Designed for easy integration with DesignWare USB 3.0 Controllers
- Designed for advanced 1.8V CMOS planar bulk and FinFET process nodes. Supports SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data rate and is backward compatible with all USB 2.0 data rates including 480 Mbps
- (High-Speed), 12 Mbps; (Full-Speed) and 1.5 Mbps; (Low-Speed)
- Integrates high-speed, mixedsignal custom CMOS circuitry designed to PIPE3 and UTMI+ Level 3 specifications
- Can be used in USB Device, Host, or On-The-Go applications
- Simulation model for digital circuits
- Behavioral models for analog circuits
- Synopsys' PrimeTime® Static Timing Analysis results
- Design Rule Check (DRC) report
- Comprehensive databook