The Xentium® is a high performance VLIW DSP core. It is a highly scalable IP building block, suited for large multi-core systems-on-chip (SoC). The Xentium can also be used as DSP accelerator in combination with a General Purpose Processor.
The Xentium combines high computational power with low energy consumption and a small silicon footprint. Advanced loop control mechanisms reduce code size and increase energy efficiency by switching off idle components during loop execution. Use of tightly coupled data memory further contributes to low energy consumption and high processing efficiency.
- Versatile DSP accelerator IP core,
- Excellent combination of small silicon footprint, computational power and low energy consumption,
- Advanced loop control mechanisms to reduce code size and increase energy efficiency by switching off idle components during loop execution,
- Use of tightly coupled data memory further contributes to low energy consumption and high processing efficiency,
- Predictable and deterministic behavior,
- Efficient hardware and control,
- Exceptionally scalable IP building block,
- Comes with C-based Software Development Environment: Xentium Studio SDE with Eclipse IDE plug-in.
- Fixed-point architecture supporting floating point emulation,
- Versatile: building block for multi-core SoC as well as DSP accelerator core for general purpose processor,
- Small silicon footprint,
- High instruction-level parallelism with 10 execution slots,
- 32/40-bit scalar and two 16-bit element vector operations,
- Easy integration in NoC-based or bus-based SoC,
- Energy efficient due to advanced control logic and loop techniques,
- Typical power consumption 0.15 mW/MHz for FFT (90 nm CMOS),
- Customizable RTL soft core with configurable memory sizes and instruction-set customization to optimize for a specific application.
- High performance VLIW DSP core,
- High computational performance at low power and small silicon footprint.
- synthesizable RTL soft core
- test bench
- SDE (additional)
- software libraries
- Mobile and portable receivers for wireless broadcasting;
- Base stations and mobile devices for wireless communication;
- Multimedia processing;
- Medical imaging;
- Digital beamforming for space applications, radar systems, radio telescopes, and wireless communications;
- Base stations for tracking and tracing RFID.
Block Diagram of the Versatile DSP accelerator IP core IP Core