Kilopass XPM™ embedded non-volatile memory (NVM) is built using standard, commercially available CMOS logic process technologies and is silicon proven to deliver high density, high performance, and highly reliable electrically field-programmable solutions at a low cost. Over 170 customers have integrated XPM™ embedded NVM IP in over 400 designs from 180nm to 16nm. Applications range from 8Kb for security keys to multiple instances of 1Mb for program code storage. Many of the designs down to 28nm are in high volume production began as early as 2003.
XPM™ antifuse-based embedded non-volatile memory (NVM) is an ideal efuse replacement solution. It is a field programmable memory that provides higher security, larger capacity with a smaller footprint, and lower active and standby power. Because XPM™ is also foundry agnostic, it allows you to keep the IP in your design if and when you decide to port to another foundry. Efuse, on the other hand, are usually foundry-owned, and can’t be ported from foundry to foundry, causing designers to have to change memory IP solutions.
- Field programmable memory; program at wafer, final test, or in system
- One-time programmable (OTP)
- Programming bus width ranging from x1 to x8
- Read bus width ranging from x1 to x32
- Access time 70ns
- Low standby and active current
- Error correction scheme including redundancy or SEC-DED
- Lock bit to prohibit memory content modification
- Integrated charge pump to provide high programming voltage required for programming
- Comprehensive manufacturing built-in test features ROM conversion with ROM-it!™.
- Capacity:1kb - 1Mb
- Process:180nm - 16nm
- Foundries:TSMC, SMIC, Global Foundries, IBM, Samsung, UMC, Dongbu HiTek, Tower, Grace
- Front-end: LEF, Antenna LEF, Verilog model, Synopsys model
- Back-end: GDS, DRC & LVS reports, PIPO log
- Collateral: datasheet, test methodology guide, integration guide, application notes
Block Diagram of the XPM™ Embedded Non‐Volatile Memory (NVM) - TSMC 90nm LP