CAN 2.0 VIP is an advanced solution in the market for the verification of CAN 2.0(A & B) implementations. It is adherent with CAN 2.0 VIP (plus addendum specification) and it supports all frame types such as Data, Remote, Overload and Error frames. The CAN VIP monitor acts as powerful protocol-checker, fully compliant with CAN 2.0 specification.
CAN 2.0 VIP includes an extensive test suite covering most of the possible scenarios and CAN conformance norms. It can perform all protocol tests as testbench Bosch and moreover it allows an easy generation of very high number of patterns and a set of specified patterns to stress the DUT.
CAN VIP is supported natively in SystemVerilog, VMM, RVM, AVM, OVM, UVM, Verilog, SystemC, VERA and non-standard verification env
- Adherent to CAN 2.0 Part A & B Specification and ISO/DIS 16845(Conformance test plan).
- Complete CAN Tx/Rx functionality.
- Support Full Duplex of operations.
- Supports all the four frame types.
- Data frames
- Remote frames
- Error frames
- Overload frames
- Remote frame support.
- Automatic transmission after reception of remote transmission request (RTR).
- Automatic receive after transmission of an RTR.
- Supports all the five types of error insertion and detection.
- Bit errors
- Stuff errors
- CRC errors
- Form errors
- Acknowledgement errors
- Tracks TEC/REC error counter and fault states.
- Re-transmission of corrupted messages.
- Compares read data with expected results.
- Monitors, detects and notifies the testbench of significant events such as transactions, warnings, timing and protocol violations.
- Supports constraints Randomization.
- Status counters for various events on bus.
- Callbacks in node transmitter, receiver and monitor for user processing of data.
- CAN Verification IP comes with complete test suite to test every feature of CAN specification and Conformance test plan ISO/DIS 16845.
- Functional coverage for complete CAN 2.0 features and Conformance test plan ISO/DIS 16845.
- Faster testbench development and more complete verification of CAN designs.
- Easy to use command interface simplifies testbench control and configuration of Tx and Rx.
- Simplifies results analysis.
- Runs in every major simulation environment.
- Complete regression suite containing all the CAN testcases as per ISO/DIS 16845
- Examples's showing how to connect various components, and usage of Tx,Rx and Monitor.
- Detailed documentation of all class, task and function's used in verification env.
- Documentation contains User's Guide and Release notes.