The Cadence Simulation VIP for Bluetooth® 5 is the industry’s first VIP for the Bluetooth 5.0 specification that provides the independent pre-silicon verification of the Bluetooth latest standard.
The VIP can be used for verifying controller, PHY and Host independently or any valid combination of these blocks. It is targeted to support both Intellectual Property (IP) and System-On-Chip (SOC) verification needs, helping engineers to reduce time to first test, accelerate verification closure, and ensures end-product quality.
- High Duty-Low Duty, Directed-Undirected, Connectable and Non-Connectable Advertisement
- Active-Passive Scanning
- Support for all Control Procedures
- Counter with Cipher Block Chaining-Message
- Authentication Code (CCM) Mode
- Generation of Resolvable Private Address
- LE HCI commands/events/data fully supported
- UART/USB/User-Defined protocol as a HCI transport layer
- 2 Ms/s packets transmission and reception capability
- Configurable Coded PHY for FEC2 Block
- Comprehensive Bluetoooth 5 coverage with support for full specification
- Simplified verification with a single model for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) as well as Basic Rate/Enhanced Data Rate (BR/EDR)