HDMI Verification IP is fully compliant with HDMI Specification version 1.4b and 2.0.It includes an extensive test suite covering most of the possible scenarios. It performs all possible protocol tests in a directed or a highly randomized fashion which adds the possibility to create most wide range of scenarios to verify the DUT effectively.
HDMI VIP is supported natively in SystemVerilog, VMM, RVM, AVM, OVM, UVM, Verilog, SystemC, VERA, Specman E and non-standard verification env
- Protocol Checker fully compliant with HDMI Specification 1.4b and 2.0 compliant.
- Full HDMI source device and sink device functionality.
- Supports ANSI8B10B encoding / decoding.
- Supports TERC4 coding and Control period codings.
- Supports Serialization and de-serialization.
- Supports three operating modes given below,
- Video period
- Data Island period
- Control period
- Supports display data channel(DDC)
- Supports 3D, 4K x 2K Resolution, Expanded Color Spaces and Audio Return Channel
- Supports all packet formats in HDMI Specification 1.4b and 2.0 compliant
- Supports data island error correction(ECC).
- Support on the fly generation of data.
- Detects and reports the following errors.
- Invalid control character
- Invalid data character
- Invalid 10bit code
- Sync errors
- ECC errors
- Invalid packing injection and detection
- Supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Supports Consumer Electronics Control (CEC )
- Supports Serial and Symbol interfaces
- HDMI Verification IP comes with complete testsuite to test every feature of HDMI specification.
- Monitors, detects and notifies the test bench of significant events such as transactions, warnings, timing and protocol violations.
- Status counters for various events on bus.
- Callbacks in transmitter, receiver for user processing of data.
- Functional coverage for complete HDMI features
- Faster testbench development and more complete verification of HDMI designs.
- Easy to use command interface simplifies testbench control and configuration of receiver and transmitter.
- Simplifies results analysis.
- Runs in every major simulation environment.
- Complete regression suite containing all the HDMI testcases.
- Examples's showing how to connect various components, and usage of Transmitter, Receiver and Monitor.
- Detailed documentation of all class, task and function's used in verification env.
- Documentation contains User's Guide and Release notes.
Block Diagram of the HDMI 1.4/2.0 Verification IP Verification IP