I2C Verification IP provides an smart way to verify the I2C bi-directional two-wire bus. The SmartDV s I2C Verification IP is fully compliant with version 2.1, 3.0 and 6.0 of the Philip s I2C-Bus Specification and provides the following features.
- Supports 6.0 I2C specifications.
- Full I2C Master and Slave functionality.
- Start, repeat start and stop for all possible transfers.
- Supports all I2C clocking speeds including HS mode, Fast mode, Fast mode plus and Ultra-fast mode.
- 7b/10b configurable Slave address.
- Allows testing of various bus traffics for Read, Write, General Call and CBUS.
- Supports complex sequence of 7/10 bit with repeated start command sequences.
- Supports Bus-accurate timing.
- Supports START byte generation and handling.
- Supports Master/Slave arbitration and clock synchronization.
- Supports Glitch insertion and detection.
- Supports insertion of wait states by Slave and Master.
- Supports AT24C1024 EEPROM memory model which supports 256 bytes Page Write Mode.
- Supports Random and Sequential Read Modes.
- Supports insertion of errors
- -> Master aborting in middle of transaction.
- -> Master doing ACK on last read access.
- -> Master continues on NACK after write NACK from Slave.
- -> Random and Periodic clock period stretching by Slave.
- -> Random Write NACK insertion by Slave.
- -> Glitch insertion on clock and data at various windows.
- Notifies the testbench of significant events such as transactions, warnings, timing and protocol violations.
- Callbacks in Master and Slave for various events.
- Status counters for various events in bus.
- Functional coverage for complete I2C specifications.
- I2C Verification IP comes with complete testsuite to test every feature of I2C specification.
- Faster testbench development and more complete verification of I2C designs.
- Easy to use command interface simplifies testbench control and configuration of TX and RX.
- Simplifies results analysis.
- Runs in every major simulation environment.
- Complete regression suite containing all the I2C testcases to certify I2C Master/Slave device.
- Examples showing how to connect various components, and usage of Master, Slave and Monitor.
- Detailed documentation of all class, task and function s used in verification env.
- Documentation also contains User s Guide and Release notes.