The USB VIP (Device and Host) is a highly flexible and configurable verification IP that can be easily integrated into any SOC verification environment. Supporting OVM and UVM, this USB VIP is part of the asureVIP portfolio of implementation-proven VIP offerings.
The USB VIP supports both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 functionalities and has been entirely programmed in System Verilog and provides support for OVM and UVM based testbenches. The VIP comes with a protocol Bus Monitor which checks for non-compliance with USB 3.0/2.0 protocol violations, reported by monitors connected to PIPE and UTMI.
Customers using the asureVIP products do so with the confidence of knowing that they have been independently developed by TVS and successfully deployed by leading SoC companies around the world.
TVS can also offer asureVIP customers an independent hardware verification service (asureVERIF) that not only reduces development costs and time-to-to-market, but also improves product quality.
- VIP: USB Device and Host
- Compliance: USB 3.0 Specification
- Language: System Verilog, C or C++
- Methodology: OVM 2.1.1 / UVM 1.1
- Simulators: Cadence Incisive, Mentor Questa, Aldec Riviera-PRO
- Technical Specifications
- PHYSICAL LAYER
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 PHY Layer support
- LINK LAYER
- Full LTSSM Support (PIPE Interface)
- Ordered Sets Support
- Cable Unplug & Re-plug Scenarios
- Auto Speed change detection (HS/FS/SS)
- Power management Suspend & Resume
- Support Low Power State (U1,U2,U3)
- PROTOCOL LAYER
- The protocol based test category verifies the packet fields for different types of USB packet transfers
- Transfer level tests include control read and write for two and three stage transfers, bulk IN and OUT transfers, ISO IN and OUT transfers and the Interrupt IN and OUT
- Data Bursting
- SS Bulk Stream
- LMP, LPM and ITP Generation
- Flow Control support (ACK/RETRY/NUMP/NRDY…)
- USB 3.0/2.0 Device and Host VIP
- UTMI Monitor
- PIPE Monitor
- Test Suite
- VIP User Guide
Block Diagram of the USB 3.0 OVM/UVM Device and Host Verification IP