The India Semiconductor Association (ISA) has released a study on semiconductor design, embedded software and services industry, along with Ernst & Young.
According to the report, the key challenges constraining the growth of the semiconductor design industry are summarized under five major issues:
- Quality, availability and maturity of talent.
- Absence of a startup and SME ecosystem.
- Lack of a semiconductor ecosystem.
- Lack of adequate infrastructure, policies and implementable incentives.
- External issues such as competition from Asian countries and protectionist policies by some countries.
The report then goes on to tackle each one of these issues in detail under elaborate recommendations.
Click here to read more ...