Industry Expert Blogs
Do Foundries Have Too Much Power?MonolithIC 3D Blog - Israel Beinglass
Dec. 12, 2011
Today, we are all living in “the foundry world”. Almost all advanced node logic chips are made in foundries (excluding Intel and IBM). Let’s ask ourselves some tough questions regarding these.
- How did it happen and what can we learn from that?
- Is there any danger to the world semiconductor production?
- Do foundries have too much power over their customers?
- Why does one foundry control over 50% of the advanced logic device manufacturing?
Search Silicon IP
- Intel Embraces the RISC-V Ecosystem: Implications as the Other Shoe Drops
- Mitigating Side-Channel Attacks In Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) With Secure-IC Solutions
- Let's Talk PVT Monitoring: Process Detection & Variability
- Moortec "Let's Talk PVT Monitoring" Series with CTO Oliver King
- Let's Talk PVT Monitoring: Thermal Issues Associated with Modern SoCs - How Hot is Hot?