Panasonic started shipping the world’s first USB 3.0 digital TVs (DTV). 3 DTV models.
Check out the Japanese webpage on the Viera if you can read Japanese.
Reading the Google Translation of the Panasonic Viera my best guess is as follows:
1) The TV has 2 USB 3.0 Ports
2) When you plug in a USB 3.0 Hard Drive (or USB 3.0 Flash Drive), the TV
- Detects the drive
- Formats the drive with some sort of encryption
- And lets you record HD programs to the drive
3) The USB 3.0 Hard Drive (or Flash Drive) can’t be used on another PC after that, it needs to be reformated
Click here to read more ...