Industry bodies keep updating protocols specifications from time to time. While these changes are forward looking, they result in some amount of anxiety in design and verification engineers. What are the changes in the new specification? Which of those changes really effect functionality? What new features have been introduced?
In this blog we address the above questions for MIPI UniPro v1.6 Specification vis-à-vis MIPI UniPro v1.41.
This blog will be useful for those who,
- Have to take techno-managerial decisions to make on MIPI UniPro Project
- Develop RTL Design of MIPI UniPro v1.41 or UniPro v1.6
- Execute or develop Verification IP of MIPI UniPro v1.41 or UniPro v1.6
- Write a Firmware/Driver of application which sits on top of MIPI UniPro v1.41 or UniPro v1.6
- Need some clarification on MIPI UniPro v1.41
We also have similarly tabulated technical differences between MIPI MPHY 3.1 vs 3.0 and also between MIPI MPHY 3.0 vs 2.0 which you could look at. Designing a MIPI IP? You should definitly look at our MIPI UniPro Verification Solution and MIPI MPHY Verification Solution that help you verify 3X faster than any other solution out there.
So lets get started with our MIPI UniPro v1.6 vs 1.41 comparison by first tabulating the feature by feature comparison between the two versions.