The overwhelming theme of the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium in Half Moon Bay this week was China. On Day number two Sunny Hui, SVP of SMIC, did one of the best overviews of the China market I have seen, absolutely. While I’m not allowed to post the presentation in its entirety I can post up to three slides (the prettiest ones) and summarize the rest.
In regards to the growth engine of the global economy, there are six market segments that interest us semiconductor folks the most. Here are the worldwide shipments and China’s market share in 2014 of those six:
- Automotive: 25M units shipped (27% China)
- Mobile Phones: 475M units shipped (25% China)
- TV: 53M total shipped (23% China)
- PC/Notebook: 62M units shipped (22% China)
- Set-top Box: 52M units shipped (18% China)
- Tablet/Ultrabook: 42M units shipped (16%) China
Click here to read more ...