Industry Expert Blogs
The ARM-Softbank DelusionMannerisms - David Manners
Sep. 12, 2016
The CEOs of ARM and Softbank have written a gushing joint letter explaining that it is “our collective vision to realize an Information Revolution that brings happiness to everyone.” It contains no facts and ignores all of the problems of their amalgamation.
So it may be helpful to point out what the problems are, so that in their next joint letter, the CEOs can say something of substance.
ARM got its start because Wintel dominated the PC industry and Jorma Ollila, CEO of Nokia which then ruled the mobile world, made it his aim to see that Wintel would not dominate the mobile market.
Search Silicon IP
- Intel Embraces the RISC-V Ecosystem: Implications as the Other Shoe Drops
- Digitizing Data Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Enhanced ARM DesignStart eliminates upfront license fees for ARM Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M3 processors
- Moortec "Let's Talk PVT Monitoring" Series with CTO Oliver King
- Experts Talk: RISC-V CEO Calista Redmond and Maven Silicon CEO Sivakumar P R on RISC-V Open Era of Computing