April 1, 2005 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced the immediate availability of its Virtex-4™ LX200 device - the world’s highest density FPGA. With over 200,000 logic cells, the LX200 has 30 percent more logic capacity than the closest competing FPGA. In addition to logic, the device features a host of unique embedded IP functions such as built-in FIFO control logic and dedicated circuitry for memory and source synchronous interfaces in every I/O cell which dramatically boost the effective logic density. The LX200 also provides the industry’s highest performance, while reducing power by as much as 5 Watts and simultaneously switching output (SSO) noise and crosstalk by 7 times compared to competing 90nm FPGAs. With these capabilities, the LX200 device builds on the company’s vast experience in delivering industry-leading device densities, providing practical solutions for the tough challenges of high-density, high-performance FPGA and ASIC applications.
The Virtex-4 LX200 FPGA provides:
- 200,448 logic cells, 30 percent more logic resources than the closest competitor
- 15 percent faster fabric on average than the closest competing 90nm FPGA
- 6,048 Kbits of 500 MHz block RAM with unique built-in FIFO control logic and ECC for highest performance and lowest power consumption
- 96 XtremeDSP™ slices, each supporting 500 MHz 18x18 multiply and accumulate (MAC) operations while consuming a mere 2.3 mW/100 MHz
- Up to 960 I/Os (448 differential pairs) with unique ChipSync™ source-synchronous circuitry in every I/O
- Hardware-proven support for all major memory interfaces including DDR2 SDRAM, DDR SDRAM, QDR II SRAM, and RLDRAM II
- As much as 5 Watts lower power per FPGA compared to competing 90nm FPGAs as a result of unique triple-oxide technology and embedded IP
- Up to 7 times less simultaneously switching outputs (SSO) noise and crosstalk compared as to competing FPGAs (as demonstrated by independent industry expert Dr. Howard Johnson)
The Virtex-4 family including the LX200 FPGA is supported today by version 7.1i of the Xilinx industry-leading Integrated Software Environment (ISE™) tools and largest library of IP functions.
Virtex-4 FPGA Availability
The Virtex-4 LX25, LX60, LX100, LX200, SX25, SX35, SX55, and FX12 FPGAs are shipping today. Xilinx now has a total of 20 FPGAs shipping at 90nm – three times as many 90nm FPGAs as its nearest competitor.
Register now at www.xilinx.com/virtex4 to receive Virtex-4 product updates via the Xilinx e-Newsletter.
About Xilinx Virtex-4 Platform FPGAs
Named 2004 Product of the Year by Electronic Products Magazine, Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs deliver more options, higher performance and lower power than any other FPGA family available today. With more than 100 technical innovations, the Virtex-4 family consists of 17 devices and three domain-optimized platforms; Virtex-4 LX FPGAs optimized for logic-intensive designs, Virtex-4 SX FPGAs optimized for high-performance signal processing, and Virtex-4 FX FPGAs optimized for high-speed serial connectivity and embedded processing. A multi-platform approach makes it possible for customers to select the optimal mix of resources for their application to achieve the highest functionality and breakthrough performance at the lowest cost. Devices are shipping now. For more information on the Virtex-4 product family, visit www.xilinx.com/virtex4.
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.