Santa Clara, Calif, Oct 11, 2005
- Ingot Systems, the leading provider of Electronic Design Solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the IP7010 a new Intelligent Switch Interconnect (ISI) Solution. The ISI enables multiple CPU blades to communicate with each other to share both individual and a common pool of memory. The ISI uses standard PCI-Express version 1.1 compliant links as a front-end and implements an intelligent switch to isolate individual CPU blades while bridging packets between them. Ingot's implementation is uniquely customizable for specific applications and architectures and is available for both ASIC/SoC and FPGA technologies. The Ingot implementation is optimized for low-latency and very high payload bandwidth. A detailed product brief for the IP7010 is available on the Ingot Systems web site at www.ingotsys.com
. Ingot Intelligent Switch Interconnect Features
• 20Gbps throughput
• Base Configuration supports interconnecting 4 CPU blades
• Modular and scalable architecture supports 8 and 16 CPU blades
• Blade interfaces are PCI Express 1.1 compliant
• Backplane interfaces are scalable serial interfaces similar to the PCI Express 1.1 specifications
• Intelligent bandwidth management to support low latency data transfer
• Integrated memory manager facilitates access to external DDR2 DRAM
• Support for Quality of Service (Qos) via two priorities per link.
• Supports reliable data transfer across the backplane via data link integrity checks
• Fully customizable via a simple to use local programming interface
• Supports locks in hardware to ease design of multi-host system softwareElectronic Design Solutions
Traditional Design Service and IP companies take a ‘one-size fits all approach’ and typically offer a previously completed design (as an IP Core) as a solution to your design. It will require additional time and engineering effort to get it to ‘fit’ your requirements. Ingot has taken a more ‘custom tailored’ approach. We have used our extensive system design experience to create a unique infrastructure that allows us to tailor our target designs to your specific application. We call these design environments Electronic Design Solutions (EDS) Technology.
Ingot can create an Intelligent Switch Interconnect IP Solution optimized for specific applications. Features and capabilities can be added or removed based on the application requirements. If the system requires low-latency our high-performance interface can be used. If the design has a small die size target we can provide a ‘bare bones’ solution with just the right set of features to hit functionality requirements while minimizing die area and power consumption. Many additional customization options are available and can be determined during a detailed requirements review with Ingot engineers. The new Intelligent Switch Interface Solutions Guide contains several example customization options. It is available on the Ingot Systems web site at www.ingotsys.com
• Verilog netlist
• Encrypted verilog simulation models
• Complete test bench with coverage reports
• Compliance test plan and test bench documentation
• Synthesis scripts About Ingot Systems
Ingot Systems, Inc. is a premier Electronics Design Solutions company, headquartered in Santa Clara, California with global design centers located in India and the United States. Electronics Design Solutions Technology are an Ingot proprietary technology, which allows us to provide unprecedented levels of customizability, flexibility and quick time to market for our Design Services and IP Solutions.