Highly Integrated Solution Delivers Advanced Features and Complete Digital TV Software Stack
Sunnyvale, California - October 25, 2005 - Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) announced that it's SupraHD 660 HDTV processor is now shipping in volume production to leading Flat Panel television manufactures targeting the ATSC market in the United States.
The SupraHD 660 is the second member of the SupraHD family of products to enter volume production and the first of its kind to fully integrate all analog and digital TV functions into a single IC. The SupraHD 640 processor, also already in production, adds a digital tuner and MPEG decoder to existing analog CRT products making them FCC compliant.
"We expect to see multiple customers shipping new digital television products under well-known brands as early at the first quarter of 2006. The SupraHD 660 processor is gaining rapid acceptance in the Flat Panel television market because, when it is the core of the digital TV system, it vastly reduces the component count and overall system cost for digital television products. The integration of an advanced video processing engine that controls and directly drives fixed pixel displays, while fully supporting the video enhancement features required to provide the highest quality images, replaces the need for competitive scalar IC solutions," said Ram Ofir, senior vice president and general manager at Zoran's DTV division.
The SupraHD 660 integrates all the necessary components required to replace existing multi-chip TV solutions. The SupraHD 660 supports full ATSC and NTSC functionality required for digital and analog TV as well as high quality video scalar capabilities including the following:
- Digital TV engine supporting MPEG-2 video and audio decoding with capture and processing, advanced 2D graphics engine for EPG and OSD, ATSC/DVB transport controller with conditional access
- HDMI Receiver with HDCP copy protection and on-chip OTP memory
- Dual channel LVDS transmitters for direct connection to flat panel displays
- Integrated video encoder, video decoder with 3D comb filter and Analog Front End
- 10 bit video processing for enhanced picture quality
- HDXtreme based motion adaptive deinterlacer with low angle diagonal interpolation and advanced movie mode detection
- Motion adaptive temporal, spatial and impulse noise reduction to improve the quality of legacy analog video
- Picture quality improvement engine including:
- Advanced edge-enhancement and image sharpening
- Proprietary, multi-channel selective color correction supports blue-stretch, flesh tone correction and red enhancement
- Adaptive contrast enhancement improving image quality
- Automatic black bar detection and handling ensuring video content is displayed in correct aspect ratio.
- High performance, fully programmable multi-tap video up-down scalar.
- Full support for user and factory video display adjustments including
- Brightness, contrast, tint, saturation, sharpness, core temperature.
- Full support for worldwide VBI standards including Closed Caption, Teletext and V-Chip.
Other versions of the SupraHD family of products include SupraHD 680 with additional support for unidirectional cable modules.
A complete ATSC digital television hardware and software reference platform is available for the SupraHD 660 processor, which includes Zoran's production proven digital TV software, electronic program guide and user interface application. A DVB-T version of the platform will be available in the first quarter of 2006.
About Zoran Corporation
Zoran Corporation, based in Sunnyvale, California, is a leading provider of digital solutions in the growing digital entertainment and digital imaging markets. With two decades of expertise developing and delivering digital signal processing technologies, Zoran has pioneered high-performance digital audio and video, imaging applications, and Connect and Share technologies for the digital home.
Zoran's proficiency in integration delivers major benefits for OEM customers, including greater capabilities within each product generation, reduced system costs, and shorter time to market. Zoran-based DVD, digital camera, DTV, multimedia mobile phone, and multifunction printer products have received recognition for excellence and are now in millions of homes and offices worldwide. With headquarters in the U.S. and operations in Canada, China, England, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, Zoran may be contacted on the World Wide Web at www.zoran.com or at 408-523-6500.