CAMPBELL, Calif., November 07, 2005 - Silicon Interfaces, a high-end design services and leading provider for IP’s in Europe, USA and Japan, under their IP Development Program - Silicon Cores: Core to the Intelligent Systems™, today introduced 802.11 a/b and g, WLAN Base Band Processor intellectual property (IP). The SI25WLANBBP10, 802.11 a/b and g WLAN Base Band Processor IP adds to the portfolio of Silicon Interfaces IP’s.
Silicon Interfaces’ BBP core for Wireless LAN is compatible with 802.11 a b and g IEEE standards. It is designed to handle packetized DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum) and OFDM(Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) data transmissions. BBP is a PHY entity for an OFDM and DSSS, aimed for data transfer rates upto 54 Mbps at the unlicensed frequency range of 2.4 and 5 GHz.
“The sensitivity as well as multi-path tolerance of this BBP is among the best in the industry”, Mr. Srinivasan, the Chief Engineering Consultant at Silicon Interfaces said
SI25WLANBBP10 - 802.11 a/b and g, WLAN Base Band Processor Highlights:
- Fully Compliant to IEEE 802.11a,b and g; PHY layer functions and frames.
- Interfaces with most existing RF.
- Data rates up to 11 Mbit/sec (802.11b) and 54 Mbit/sec (802.11a and 802.11g).
- It is based on the Fast Fourier transform (FFT) concept, which allows the multiple subcarriers to overlap yet maintain their integrity.
- High throughput data rates are achieved in OFDM due to precise carrier spacing and exact amplitude and phase settings for each individual carrier constellation.
- Forward Error Correction coding to improve the data reliability.
- Optimized for Low Power Consumption
- Optimum hardware-software partitioning for reduced gate count as well as lower MIPS requirements.
For a complete listing of SI25WLANBBP10 features and pricing, please contact Silicon Cores or visit the Silicon Cores web site at www.siliconcores.com
The SI25WLANBBP10, 802.11 a/b and g - WLAN Base Band Processor is available now and as per requirement can be provided with SI24WLAN11 - MAC core, compatible with 802.11 a/b and g IEEE standards.
About SI25WLANBBP10, WLAN Base Band Processor:
BBP Core is designed to be used at higher speeds providing maximum performance with minimum power consumption. High decode gain Viterbi algorithm is used for added performance. The Baseband processor can interface with an RF using either an analog I/Q interface or a digital interface.
About Silicon Interfaces
Silicon Interfaces has experience in verification solutions and developing IP for Fabric Channel Interconnect, Telecom and Networking domains, including Bluetooth Baseband, Gigabit Ethernet MAC, SONET Framer STS-1/3, 1394, USB 2.0 Function Controller, USB On-The-Go, Infiniband, 8530, 8051, 7990, UART, Rapid IO and 802.11 a/b/g MAC. Currently, our Roadmap IPs is PCI-Express, 10 Giga and SONET STS Framer–12. The IP has had considerable maturity based on certification, targets to various FPGA devices and ASIC libraries, silicon area optimization, silicon prototyping, testing and validation. Also available are Verification IP like USB 2.0 RVM VIP and RapidIO VIP; and OVA AIP like Bluetooth Baseband OVA AIP, USB 2.0 OVA AIP and Gigabit OVA. We have an extensive driver development program in order to offer a packaged solution to the customer. For more information please visit www.siliconcores.com