Industry Leaders Define Association’s Strategic Direction
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- December 5, 2005 – FSA, the voice of the global fabless business model, today announced its 2006 Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors, comprised of industry leaders that define FSA’s strategic direction, includes 18 executives selected by the Association’s semiconductor members. Nine seats on the 2006 Board of Directors were open for election, including three fabless company seats, three foundry seats, one integrated device manufacturer (IDM) seat, one back-end supplier seat and one electronic design automation (EDA) supplier seat.
For fabless representation, Chris Malachowsky, co-founder, NVIDIA fellow and senior vice president of engineering and operations of NVIDIA, and Dr. Albert Wu, vice president of operations at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc., are new additions to the board. Jim Seto, vice president, strategic operations at ATI Technologies, was re-elected. Each fabless company representative serves a three-year term.
For the foundry seats, Rick Cassidy, president of TSMC North America, and Michael Rekuc, senior vice president, worldwide sales and marketing at Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing, were both re-elected for another term. UMC continues its representation with the election of Dr. Fu-Tai Liou, president of the America Business Group at UMC.
Returning board member Ron Boyd, director of external technology at Freescale Semiconductor, was re-elected to the IDM seat. Dr. Tien Wu, president, Americas/Europe, worldwide sales and marketing at ASE Group, was re-elected to represent back-end suppliers. Dr. Aart de Geus, chairman and chief executive officer of Synopsys, was also re-elected to represent the EDA sector. These representatives serve a one-year term.
Additional returning members to FSA’s Board of Directors include:
- Dr. Sanjay Jha, FSA chairman and executive vice president, QUALCOMM, and president, QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies
- Dr. Dwight Decker, FSA vice chairman and chairman and chief executive officer, Conexant Systems
- Jodi Shelton, FSA co-founder and executive director
- Dr. Robert Pepper, FSA director emeritus and chairman of the board, KeyEye Communications
- David French, president and chief executive officer, Cirrus Logic
- Colin Harris, vice president, worldwide operations, PMC-Sierra
- Vahid Manian, senior vice president, global manufacturing operations, Broadcom
- Steve Michael, vice president of operations and R&QA, Exar
- Hans Olsen, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Pixelworks
- Dennis Segers, president and chief executive officer, Matrix Semiconductor
- Ron Torten, formerly with Agilent Technologies
For more information, please visit www.fsa.org/association/board.
FSA is the voice of the global fabless business model. Incorporated in 1994, FSA positively impacts the growth and return on invested capital of this business model to enhance the environment for innovation. It provides a platform for meaningful global collaboration between fabless companies and their partners; identifies and articulates opportunities and challenges to enable solutions; and provides research, resources, publications and survey information. Members include fabless companies and their supply chain and service partners, representing more than 21 countries across the globe. www.fsa.org