PVT Controller (Series 5) (Sub-system for complete PVT monitoring), TSMC N4P
Xilinx Announces 8.1i Release Of WebPACK - Industry's Only Free Fully Featured Design Suite
All the power and functionality of ISE Foundation now available in WebPACK -
with up to 70% performance advantage over competing solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif., January 9, 2005 -Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced the immediate availability of ISE WebPACK™ 8.1i - the latest version of the company's free* downloadable development system. The new version now includes all the features of ISE Foundation with full support for embedded, DSP and real-time debug design flows. Also featured in the 8.1i release is support for all members of the Spartan™-3E family, the industry's lowest cost FPGA, and additional support for Virtex™-4 FPGA devices. WebPACK 8.1i’s ISE Fmax Technology reduces overall design costs by providing up to a full speed grade in cost savings and up to 70 percent faster performance than competing FPGA products. WebPACK 8.1i includes ISE Simulator™ for both PC and Linux platforms, and an enhanced user interface for Linux and Windows platforms. ISE WebPACK 8.1i is available for immediate download at www.xilinx.com/webpack.
Full power of ISE at No Cost
ISE WebPACK 8.1i now incorporates all features available in the ISE Foundation software package. With the addition of CoreGenerator™, FPGA Editor™ and support for multiple simulators, ISE WebPACK now offers the most-complete zero cost design environment to the company's rapidly growing base of over 200,000 designers. New features in ISE WebPACK 8.1i include:
- Xilinx CORE Generator System: Offers an optimized, predefined set of building blocks for common functions - simplifying design steps, enabling faster design completion.
- FPGA Editor: Allows designers to view and change post-implementation routing and placement.
- ISE Simulator Lite: A complete VHDL/Verilog simulator.
- MXE-III Starter: Optional ModelSim Xilinx Edition-III starter version, based on the popular Mentor Graphics ModelSim family of HDL simulators.
ISE Fmax Technology
The 8.1i release of WebPACK also features the new ISE Fmax Performance Technology with enhanced physical synthesis capabilities to improve performance and timing closure for all leading Xilinx device families including Virtex-4, Spartan-3, Spartan-3E and CoolRunner-II architectures. Using ISE 8.1i software, designers can boost performance by an average of 10 to 37 percent as compared to previous ISE releases and up to 70 percent over competing solutions using Virtex-4 FPGAs. ISE 8.1i also delivers enhancements to the industry’s only partial reconfiguration technology, enabling lower cost, size, and power consumption.
By providing support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, Xilinx has combined the low-cost benefits of the industry's most easily accessible design environment with the fastest growing EDA design platform. Linux is recognized as a stable, low-cost, high-performance alternative to other higher cost development environments and allows designers to maximize corporate resources. Xilinx now augments the industry's lowest-cost and lowest-power FPGA and CPLD solutions with the most extensive front-to-back Linux support of any major PLD vendor. ISE WebPACK 8.1i includes ISE simulator Lite on Linux providing Xilinx users with a free HDL simulator.
Award Winning Website Support
Included with this robust set of easy to use tools is access to the Xilinx support website (support.xilinx.com), rated one of the 2005 World's 10 Best Support Websites by the Association of Support Professionals. Designers can also access programmable systems training through Xilinx Education courses on FPGA design, DSP, Embedded Processing and High-Speed Connectivity.
Pricing and Availability
ISE WebPACK 8.1i is available for immediate download at www.xilinx.com/ise/webpack or on DVD for a nominal shipping/handling fee at the Xilinx.com online store.
Xilinx is the worldwide leader in complete programmable logic solutions. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Search Silicon IP
Xilinx, Inc. Hot IP
- Xilinx Releases ISE WebPACK 8.2i - FPGA Industry's Only Free Fully Featured Design Suite
- Xilinx Streamlines Embedded System Design With New Platform Studio Version 8.1i
- Xilinx Delivers Faster Timing Closure In ISE 8.1i, Maximizing FPGA Performance Up To 70% Over Competing Solutions
- Xilinx Improves Design Flow for Industry's Only Proven Partial Reconfiguration FPGA Technology with ISE Design Suite 12.2
- Xilinx Announces ISE WebPACK 9.1i Release - Delivering Highest System Performance and Fastest Compile Time
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - May 2023
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|